ACCRA [dot] ALT is a cultural network that promotes the alternative work of young Ghanaian artists and emerging creatives across the globe. ACCRA [dot] ALT provides critical space for filmmakers, photographers, musicians, visual artists, designers, writers, academics, activists, and students to exhibit their work in imaginative ways.
In addition to tours, ACCRA [dot] ALT produces two annual festivals and a monthly discussion and film series on independent art-making. Check us out:
- Join over 2,000 people in James Town for The CHALE WOTE Street Art Festival in April 2012. Witness live street painting, graffiti, art installations, spoken word, experimental theater, a fashion circus, Brazilian fight dancing, bike and rollerskate stunting party, live music, a block party, and much more.
The Mmofra Foundation:
Every December we cap the year off with the INDIE FUSE Music Festival- a who’s who of the freshest artists in Ghana and on the international indie scene. Dope new music. Chill people. Good times.
Check out the trailer for last year’s jam:
The Talk Party Series and Guerrilla Cinema is a monthly discussion and film series on art + politics that connects emerging artists, writers, music aficionados, filmmakers, students, and media creatives.
THE TOUR EXPERIENCE
We offer all-expense paid tours for our visitors. Tours are arranged on flexible prepaid monthly plans ranging from six to twelve months.
All tour packages include:
- Round-trip economy class airfare
- Spacious living accommodations with air-conditioned single or double bedrooms, internet access, and cable television
- In-country transportation including airport pickup and drop-off
- All-inclusive meals and snacks, including continental breakfast, lunch and gourmet dinners
- All tour attraction costs
- Service tips and taxes
- Private art events such as concerts, cultural exhibits, informative lectures and interactive workshops
- Access to a special website where your family and friends can virtually follow your travel experiences. Professional photographs and videos from your trip will be uploaded by our team to the site at the conclusion of your trip. You and other visitors to the site can view these pictures and videos and make comments about the tour.
TOURS WITH US
In addition to popular sites of interest, our team works to find cool places and activities that will offer a unique perspective of the country. There is a lot to see and do in Ghana and our goal is to expose you to something new and exhilarating. The tours are planned to meet the needs of each traveler.
Our team in Accra coordinates with ACCRA [dot] ALT ALT tour organizers internationally to produce a package that suits your particular travel needs. We conduct tours during the months of June, August, October and December (for the annual INDIE FUSE Music Festival). We have flexible travel timetables to accommodate your schedule for 1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks or one month. ACCRA [dot] ALT tours can manage groups of 10 to 20.
EXPERIENCE MORE WITH ACCRA [dot] ALT TOURS!
***Please note that some of these attractions will incur additional expenses.
INDIVIDUAL + SMALL GROUP TRAVELERS
ACCRA [dot] ALT provides travel arrangements for individual or small group tours. For 1-9 persons, we will arrange your lodging, meals, transportation needs, washing and cleaning services, and a comprehensive tour attraction schedule.
This includes art or music partnerships, project volunteerism, public discussions, seminars and lectures.
Treat Yourself to an ACCRA [dot] ALT Tour:
- We provide a secure and easy travel experience. Our guests are assured of comfort and safety while in Ghana.
- We have an extensive network of creative and professional resources at hand. As creative professionals with local and international expertise, we have access to a diverse range of persons and resources.
- Our tours are innovative, entertaining and informative. ACCRA [dot] ALT provides a unique and spectacular travel experience to visitors. We regularly host art festivals, public dialogues, film screenings, and music concerts.
- When you tour with us, you are contributing to youth development in the
arts. As a social enterprise, our primary goal is to create art programming by and for young people. 15% of each tour funnels back into our art programs where youth are able to learn critical thinking skills, practice their artistry, receive mentorship from field experts, and create projects of their own.
- The coolest tours in Ghana. Build long-lasting networks, schedule annual or bi-annual vacations to Ghana, or decide to make Ghana your home.
Sign up now for our 2012 tour packages:
May 16th – 29th (13 nights, 14 days)
July 10th – 23rd (13 nights, 14 days)
Got questions? Contact us for tour package pricing by phone at (011) +233-279942414 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.